Saturday, June 23, 2007

As winter sets in

I thought that I should get some winter woolies made for the bigger boys as the brrrr really sets into Ballarat.


I bought some 'cheap as chips' cream wool from Kmart sometime ago when they were having a clear out with the intention of trying some food dye dyeing. Well I tried....


The result is nowhere near stunning but the boys liked it and made their requests. Bevan wanted a beanie so that was a bit of a no brainer, no pattern deal. Duncan wanted mittens - much more of a Google job. I found this pattern and made him the 6/7 size with some shortening for his stumpy little fingers. Everyone seems fairly pleased with their stuff.

4 comments:

Sam said...

thats a great dye-job! the mittens and hat look fab!

Jack said...

You give me way too much credit. LOL

Tania said...

oh those colours looks pretty cool - the boys look well pleased!

Mel :) said...

oh they look fab! & its a fantastic dye job!!!