Wednesday, November 19, 2008

All Done!

Falling Water is all done and at the risk of sounding immodest, it is magnificent! Everything that is said about the colours of Wollmeise is absolutely true. The colours are just so vibrant and they seem to just shimmer on the yarn. This scarf is luminescent in sunlight.

I am so pleased that I decided to make a scarf from this yarn rather than socks. It would have been completely wasted in a pair of shoes. I am also very grateful that I nabbed it quickly off destash on Ravelry. Gotta love Ravelry destash!

I think I have in mind the recipient for this one but you will just need to wait until Christmas to find out who the lucky person is.



For the record the colourway is Wilder Mohn, hence it's nickname of "Wilder Water".

On to the next task, I present "Blister" which is actually the Three Sister's Scarf #3. A love of Aussie rhyming slang leads me to have to call it blister. This is being knit up in Araucania Ranco Solid (Moss Colourway). I think this is ultimately a good choice given the somewhat mixed reviews I have read about the wear of this yarn as socks. It is a little hard to tell from the photo but it has quite a nice bronzy streak through it. In case I forget to mention it later, I am using 4mm needles rather than the 3.5mm suggested needle size. The yarn just seemed a little substantial for 3.5's.

3 comments:

Missynay said...

Just beautiful!

Lucky-1 said...

Stunning.......just lovely:D

Amanda said...

Those scarves are stunning.