Tuesday, December 16, 2008

More Christmas Knitting.

Those that know me will already be aware that I haven't been well the last few weeks. The upside of this is that I have been highly productive. Knitting has been my saviour during this time (and the bane of Jason's existence). There is something about just having to do one little wee thing over and over again that eases the mind and occupies the body. Then all of a sudden, low and behold, all those little somethings has materialised into a big something. There is therapy in the accomplishment and calm in the process.

Some of the results of my convalesence....

Pattern: On the Sunny Side by Melanie Hoffman
Yarn: Bendigo 8ply cotton
Needles: 4mm
Comments: This pattern is written for a 10ply and hopefully the smaller yarn and needles have made it small enough for Mabel. Oh well at worst she will grow into it.


Pattern: Stuffies by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Mystique 16ply in Cocoa
Needles: 6mm
Comments: I knit the head and then picked up stitches to knit the body down. This seemed to work well and eliminated one seam. Bevan helped with the costuming and hopefully his little cousin will like it.


Pattern: Not Rocket Science Coffee Holder by Me
Yarn: Hand-dyed 8ply I picked up from the Bendigo Sheep and Wool show.
Needles: 4mm
Comments: This has an extra repeat in it to make it longer for manly hands.


Pattern: February Lady Sweater by Pamela Wynne (and some/much credit should go to Elizabeth Zimmerman
Yarn: Panda Purla
Needles: 5mm
Comments: This yarn really surprised me. It is light and fluffy and has a lovely feel to it. It is a touch splitty to knit but not horrifyingly so. Something funky happened with the stitch numbers on this but some quick maths and I managed to save the project.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better now Jack, nice things you've made.

I especially appreciate your review of the purla. I bought a heap of it when it was on sale so was wondering how it knits up.

Lucky-1 said...

Hope your feeling better now Jackie, lovely knitting on show here:) Take care.

Rachael said...

Sorry to hear you've been unwell :(.

Hope you're on the mend!