Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ugly yet strangely compelling



I am not sure what anyone was thinking here. What was Knitpicks thinking when they made this colourway (Meadow Multi)? What was I thinking when I bought it? What was someone thinking on Ravelry when they favourited the project? What are all the other people who buy it thinking?

The thing is that this colourway is really quite ugly but in another way it is compelling and attractive. It is the strangest combination of colours, and even the shades of the colours used are a bit odd. Together there is no obvious blending but also no great contrast.

I can't tell you what any of us were thinking but there is just something about these socks that I rather like.

1 comment:

Kat said...

actually I know alot of people that would love those socks, I would probably be booted out the house for wearing them, but I kinda like them too :)