Sunday, March 15, 2009

What do you do when the muse leaves home?

I have actually finished a number of projects, been plenty of places and have a number of things I could tell you all about. Sometimes I have even thought about blogging these things. But putting the actually words together seems to have eluded me entirely. Any ability I have had to make a coherent and even moderately entertaining post apparently went to Mexico and refused to catch a flight home. For the sake of looking like I am still alive, let's go through the finished objects....

Pattern: Made up by me. for the record, cast on 10 sts, knit 5 rows then do one drop stitch row, finish with fringing.
Yarn: Monster Knits Bulky Corriedale Handspun (Bluefish Colourway) - 1 skein
Needles: 10 mm
Comments: Duncan is very taken by this. He picked the yarn from stash and it knit up very quickly.


Pattern: Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark
Yarn: The Knittery Merino Cashmere Sock (Gold) - 1 skein plus about 10m kindly donated by Tania
Needles: 4.5 mm
Comments: This is just beautiful. The yarn is soft and fluid and the pattern was entertaining and fun. The nupps confounded me for a moment but once I got all loosey goosey on them they behaved better.


Pattern: Hope by Jennie Pakula
Yarn: Panda Heath - a little under 5 balls
Needles: 4 mm
Comments: I have modified this make a casual jumper. I joined after the lace yoke and omitted the shaping. The bottom and sleeve hems are just rolled.


Pattern: Tyro by Huan-Hua Chye
Yarn: Babylonglegs Sock Yarn (Gothika) - 1 skein
Needles: 2.5 mm
Comments: I did this top down with a traditional heel flap and a modified, grafted star toe like that on Fargyles. The colour of these is stunning. Somehow I got over-excited on the heel flap and it a smidge too long which affects the fit somewhat. I could care less, they still look pretty cool.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Let's face it - you are a great knitter. All those FO's look fabulous.